Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Me oh my, pie!

Let's just get this out in the open; I am not a baker. Baking is not something I do regularly. I have committed cookie homicide more times than I care to admit. The dis-justice I have done to baked goods is just wrong. I am now trying to fix that. So, I decided to take on pie. Yes, I said pie. Cherry pie to be exact (cue Def Leppard music).

I will admit I did not make my own dough. I cheated and got some help from Philsbury. I more than made up for it by pitting 2.5 lbs of cherries by hand. The only thing I used was a pairing knife and my newly manicured nails.

While I was pitting the cherries, it looked liked I had killed someone. There was cherry juice everywhere and the pits in the bowl looked like bullets. It looked like a scene from CSI; a yummy cherry splattered scene! About 45 minutes and one ruined manicure later, my filling was done. All I had to do now was just wait for everything to do its macerating magic then it would be baking time.

I learned that I can do lattice work on a pie while playing Cranium, that I can make someone a human puppet without getting flour all over them. I also learned that I can make a pretty decent baked goods when I actually try and when I follow the recipe word for word.

I also had attempted to bake a cardamom peach pie. According to others it came out good as well. But to me, the cherry pie was more exciting to bake and eat!

1 comment:

  1. i can just see the csi scene so vividly in my mind,lol

    ReplyDelete